Not only have I been craving Pumpkin, Apples, Cinnamon, and Roasted Everything, but I have also been craving/needing something that is warm, comforting, and that you can eat with a spoon in a bowl, for days on end
- 4 Celery Hearts (chopped)
- 3 Whole Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Button Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 of a Large Sweet Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Handfuls of Kale (torn into bite sized pieces)
- 1 15oz Can of Kidney Beans (No-Salt Added)
- 1 15oz Can of Black Eyed Peas (No-Salt Added)
- 2 14oz Cans of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (No-Salt Added)
- 1 TB Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 TB Dried Parsley
- 1 TB Dried Cilantro
– Prepare all your veggies (washed, chopped, etc.) then heat a large soup pot on the stove over high heat. Once the pot is hot add the veggies (carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper) and dry saute for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
– Add in your spices and the two cans of tomatoes.
– After that open you beans and give them a good rinse, then throw them in the pot as well. Take an empty tomato can and fill it with water and throw that in the pot as well.
– Bring to a boil and then cover the pot and reduce heat to low for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally. During the last 10 minutes add in the kale.
– Remove from heat and let it cool for a bit. Unless you are impatient like me and would rather burn your mouth…Serve with warm bread, taco shells, or a crunchy tortilla or what ever else you would like! Enjoy!